Tuesday, September 17, 2013

1 year ago

Dear Gabby

One year ago, I was wheeled into the doctors office and for a scan and was told that something had gone horribly wrong and that we would lose our beautiful baby girl that I had been carrying in my belly for 5 months.

One year ago, I had to give birth to a daughter I knew would not ever get to meet, never get to hear her cry and never get to watch her grow.

One year ago they took our little girl away and she left to another place.  Perhaps one more kind than this one. 

One year ago, they brought our beautiful baby girl to us, wrapped in a white blanket so that we could hold her and say goodbye.

I remember one year ago as if it were yesterday - I play that day over and over in my head and I remember that day we had to say goodbye to our little angel.



I miss you my Gabby - I miss you everyday. 

It never gets any easier, there is no getting over losing you.  There is no moving on, there just isn't.  All we can do is learn to adjust and learn to cope with the pain. 

I thought that I would find peace in all of this that at some point I could put it behind me - I guess that now is not the time, perhaps it never will be.

I have no words of wisdom, no words of peace and no words that make sense - just sadness and a never ending aching heart that does not want to heal.

Love you forever

Mom
XOXO
18/09/2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment